NSW WHITE CARD COURSE(GENERAL CONSTRUCTION INDUCTION)
CPCCWHS1001 PREPARE TO WORK SAFELY IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
A general construction induction card (commonly known as your White Card) is for anyone who is required to enter or work on a construction site. This is a mandatory requirement across Australia.
This is a SafeWork NSW (RTO800520) approved training program which covers the general work health and safety information required for you to enter or work safely on a construction site anywhere in Australia.
On completion of this course, you will be issued with a SafeWork NSW Statement of Training, whilst you wait for your General Construction Induction Training Card (White Card) to arrive.
Same day certification! You will be ready to commence work when you leave the classroom!
Our White Card course will help you gain the skills and knowledge required to enter or work safely within the construction industry by identifying & understanding:
- What is a hazard?
- What is a risk?
- What are control measures?
- What is duty of care?
- How to assess and respond to emergencies?
- Who to report incidents to?
- What are the different safety signs and symbols used?
- What is the hierarchy of hazard controls?
This course serves as a reminder of the current health and safety legislative requirements, personal awareness, and the basic principles of risk management for working in the construction industry.
As part of our white card training program, you will be required to correctly select and fit common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
This course has specific ID requirements. Please familiarise yourself with this requirement prior to attending the course as the incorrect or wrong ID can result in you not being able to complete the course on your scheduled day, full course fee payable to reschedule.
Upskill Institute requires students undertaking white card course to:
- Be at least 14 years of age to participate in the training
- Provide a USI (usi.gov.au)
- Provide original ID documents that add up to at least 100 points in line with SafeWork NSW ID points table – click here to view ID points table. Within these documents, you must be able to show your photo ID, date of birth, signature, and current residential address
- Other exceptions to the ID requirements are covered in the Evidence of Identity form – click here to view
- Have physical capacity to demonstrate the correct donning and removing of PPE for assessment
- Successfully complete a language, literacy and numeracy assessment
Our white card course consists of one day attendance (up to 7.5 hours) of classroom-based training, theory/practical assessments and allocated breaks
Enrolment in the white card course is made with Upskill Institute Pty Ltd RTO 45708.
Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Refunds for any booked courses that is requested seven (7) days prior to the course commencement date is available less 10% bank transaction and administration fees. Any refunds for booked courses that is requested within seven (7) days of the course commencement date, 50% of course fee is refundable only. Any refunds for any booked course/s that is requested after course commencement, no refund is available.
RPL is not available for this course in accordance with SafeWork NSW course requirements.
COVID 19 Response
Our rooms are cleaned daily, all tables have been separated to ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to, we have hand sanitisers and face masks available to all students as required. For the safety of participants and staff, entry will be refused to persons displaying flu like symptoms.
40-44 Wollongong Rd, Arncliffe NSW 2205
3 mins walk from Arncliffe station + Street parking available!
$99 (includes $25 SafeWork NSW fee)