What Jobs Can You Get with a White Card?

White Card Course | What Jobs Can You Get with a White Card? | Upskill Institute

Do you intend to work in the construction industry? Whether as a site manager, construction worker, or in any other role? If so, you’ll need to have a white card, commonly known as the General Construction Induction Card or Safety Induction Card.

To get a white card, you must complete a General Construction Induction Training course. This course is designed to provide you with the basic knowledge and skills to work safely in the construction industry and covers topics such as:

  • Identifying hazards and risks in the workplace
  • Using personal protective equipment
  • Working safely around plant and equipment
  • Manual handling

Only after you’ve completed the White Card Course, will you be issued a General Construction Induction Card (White Card). The card is valid for life, but you may need to renew it if your name or contact details change.

Jobs You Can Apply With a White Card

With a white card, you’ll be able to apply for different jobs in the construction industry. The type of roles you can apply for will depend on your qualifications and experience.

For example, if you have a white card and a trade qualification, you could apply for roles such as:

  • Bricklayer
  • Carpenter
  • Electrician
  • Plumber
  • Concreter
  • Heavy Machinery Driver
  • Forklift Driver
  • Foreman
  • Surveyor
  • Supervisor

On the other hand, if you have a white card and no trade qualifications, you could apply for roles such as:

  • Construction labourer
  • Site cleaner
  • Waste management operative

A white card and relevant training are also required for the traffic controller course.

What if I’m Only Visiting Australia for a Short Period on a Working Holiday Visa?

It doesn’t matter if you’re only visiting Australia for a short period. If you want to work in the construction industry, you’ll still need to complete a white card course.

How Do I Find a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) That Offers the White Card Course?

You can find a list of Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) that offer the White Card Course on the Australian Government’s mySkills website.

When you’ve found an RTO that offers the course, you can contact them to enrol in the course. However, when enroling, there are a few things you need to check first:

  • Make sure the RTO is registered to deliver the course.
  • Make sure the RTO offers the course in your state or territory (as the course content and delivery may differ between states and territories).
  • Ask about any other costs associated with the course, such as materials or resources.
  • Ask about the delivery method of the course (for example, face-to-face or online).
  • Ask about the duration of the course.

Upskill Institute-Your Trusted RTO

Are you looking for an RTO you can trust to provide quality training? Look no further than Upskill Institute. We’re a Registered Training Organisation that provides high-quality training to learners in Australia. Whether you prefer a face-to-face or an online delivery method, we can cater to your needs.

We also offer a wide range of courses, including First Aid, Security, and Traffic Control Courses. So, if you’re looking for a course that will give you the skills and knowledge needed to enter the workforce, Upskill Institute is the perfect place. Contact us today to find out more. 

For the convenience of our students, we have recently begun offering the ability to obtain white card certification through a new online white card course option.

Google Rating
Based on 2038 reviews