Armed Holdup and Robbery Awareness
ARMED ROBBERY CAN HAPPEN AT ANY TIME
DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO TO SURVIVE?
Our program contains information for the education of staff and management of venues where cash transactions are carried out and where a potential for armed holdup is perceived and/or identified.
Management has a legal requirement under Occupational Health & Safety legislation to reduce employees’ risk to hazards in the workplace. It is an unfortunate fact that one of the workplace hazards in this industry is Armed Robbery.
UpSkill’s armed robbery awareness training workshop has been designed to enhance your personal safety and the safety of those around you during an armed hold-up. The workshop will challenge some of your current assumptions in this area, provide you with key safety skills and provoke some strategic thinking in relation to future ideas and procedures in your workplace.
The objectives of this workshop are to:
- Learn behavioural skills which will optimise your personal safety during an armed hold-up
- Learn techniques that can reduce your psychological reaction to the incident
- Identify appropriate hostage behaviour and coping techniques for prolonged incidents
- Learn procedures to follow after the offenders have left the area
- Learn techniques for safely gathering information about the offender
- Raise your awareness of strategies that can reduce the risk of an armed hold-up occurring
- Develop a ‘Personal Action Plan’ to transfer your learning from this workshop back to your workplace
- You must be at least 17 years of age to participate in the training
- You must provide original ID documents that add up to at least 100 points. Within these documents, you must be able to show your photo, date of birth (minimum age 17 years), signature and current residential address.
- If you do not bring the correct ID on the day of training, you will be refused entry to the course and it will cost you the full course fee to rebook.
- Please click here to see the Evidence of Identity form.
- Once you have successfully completed your classroom-based training, you will be issued with a Statement of Completion (SoC). The SoC will enable you to carry out supervised work in the traffic control industry while you wait to have your final assessment to be completed.
- Your Statement of Completion (SoC) is valid for 90 days during which you must have your final assessment completed. It cannot be extended or renewed after the expiry date.
- Once your final assessment has been completed and necessary paperwork submitted to SafeWork NSW you will receive your SafeWork NSW issued Traffic Control Card in the mail.
A USI – Unique Student Identifier is a reference number that you can easily create an online which keeps a record of your training and qualifications attained in Australia.
If you are commencing a nationally recognised training, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment.
Your USI is made up of ten numbers and letters.
You can locate your USI here.
You can create your USI here.
More information regarding USI can be found here.
40-44 Wollongong Rd, Arncliffe NSW 2205