Online NSW White Card Course
CPCWHS1001 PREPARE TO WORK SAFELY IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
A General Construction Induction Card (commonly known as your White Card) is for anyone who is required to work on a construction site. This course is delivered 100% online !
Upskill Institute is a SafeWork NSW (RTO800520) approved training provider. On completion of this course, you will be issued with a SafeWork NSW Statement of Training certificate whilst you wait for your White Card to arrive by mail.
We offer same day certification! You will be ready to commence work when you finish the online training!
Our advertised course cost includes SafeWork NSW cards fees! No hidden fees! No more to pay!
This course covers the unit of competency CPCWHS1001 required to obtain a White Card. By completing the training, you will gain the skills and knowledge to work safely on construction sites.
We also offer face-to-face classes in Sydney, NSW. Click here to find more information.
Looking for a White Card course online? Our course will help you gain the skills and knowledge required to enter or work safely within the construction industry by identifying & understanding:
- What is a hazard?
- What is a risk?
- What are control measures?
- What is duty of care?
- How to assess and respond to emergencies?
- Who to report incidents to?
- What are the different safety signs and symbols used?
- What is the hierarchy of construction hazard controls?
This course covers current health and safety legislative requirements, personal awareness, and the basic principles of risk management for working in the construction industry.
As part of our white card training program, you will be required to correctly select and fit common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
This course has specific ID requirements. Please familiarise yourself with this requirement prior to attending the course as the incorrect or wrong ID can result in you not being able to complete the course on your scheduled day, full course fee payable to reschedule.
Please note Upskill Institute course requires students undertaking the white card course in Sydney to::
- Be at least 14 years of age to participate in the training course
- Provide a USI (usi.gov.au). If you don’t have a USI, it will take you two minutes to setup online!
- Provide original ID documents that add up to at least 100 points of ID in line with SafeWork NSW ID points table – click here to view ID points table. Within these documents, you must be able to show your photo ID, date of birth, signature, and current residential address. Other exceptions to the ID requirements are covered in the Evidence of Identity form if required
- Provide your own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). You will need to provide your own hi-vis vest/shirt, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses. These can all be purchased from your local Bunnings for under $20
- A computer with a working camera, speaker and microphone with the capability to run the Zoom application and a stable internet connection.
- Successfully complete a language, literacy and numeracy assessment. This course combines plain English, videos, photos, and verbal questioning to ensure all learners can have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills. Assessments MUST be completed in English and with no further assistance. If you believe you will need assistance due to your Language, Literacy or Numeracy skills, please contact our office to discuss your training needs prior to making any course online booking. No refund of course fees will paid due failure to complete the course once it has commenced. If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the course at the advertised course cost less SafeWork NSW card fees
- Learners must be physically located within the borders of NSW at the time of training.
Our White Card course consists of online attendance up to 7 hours of trainer led delivery (via Zoom), theory/practical assessments and allocated breaks.
Recognition of Prior Learning:
- SafeWork NSW GIT issued card: SafeWork NSW do not allow for this to be issued via recognition of prior learning.
Enrolment in the white card Sydney course is made with Upskill Institute Pty Ltd a Registered Training Organisation RTO 45708.
Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Learners who give notice to cancel their enrolment seven (7) days or more prior to the commencement of a program, will be entitled to a refund of fees paid less bank transaction and administration fees (10% of course cost).
Learners who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than seven (7) days but not within 48 hours of course commencement will be entitled to a 50% refund of fees paid. The amount retained by Upskill Institute is required to cover the costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the learners’ initial intention to undertake the training.
Learners who cancel their enrolment within 48 hours of course commencement or less will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
Learners who have previously requested a course to be rescheduled and wish to cancel the same course at a later stage, will not be entitled to refund of fees.
Where a learner has purchased a text or training workbooks and subsequently cancels, Upskill Institute will not refund monies for the text.
If Upskill Institute cancel a course at any time, participants will be offered the option to reschedule to an alternative class (at no extra cost) or receive a full refund of the course fees. No additional monies will be reimbursed to the participant for any other expenses incurred, or inconvenience caused.
If a refund is approved, funds will be made by the same means with which the original payment was made (i.e. EFTPOS payment would result in an EFTPOS refund) and will be made to the same person that made payment. If a third party paid the course fee, the third party will be refunded the course fee.
Certificates cannot be issued until all AVETMISS and USI information has been confirmed (where required) and all course paperwork requirements have been completed.
All requests for a refund must be emailed to email@example.com.
Learners who cancel their enrolment part way through a training program must notify Upskill Institute in writing via email or letter at the earliest opportunity. Learners who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees. Learners are advised to consider alternative options such as requesting to suspend their enrolment and re-commencing in another scheduled training program.
Learners who require replacement of issued text or training workbooks will be liable for additional charges to cover the cost of replacement. For a full list of replacement charges please refer to Upskill Institute schedule of fees and charges.
All requests for a refund must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests for transfers to alternate courses can be arranged if Upskill Institute is advised in writing more than 48 hours prior to the course commencement date and subject to availability. One transfer will be accepted without charge where Upskill Institute has been notified in writing at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled commencement date. All subsequent transfers will attract an administration charge of $55.00 if notice is provided.
No rescheduling of a course is available within 48 hours of commencement.
$149.00 $129 (includes $27 SafeWork NSW Card fee)
Online – Via Zoom
Frequently Asked Questions
The White Card online course is a training program for anyone required to work on a construction site. It covers the unit of competency CPCWHS1001 and provides knowledge and skills to work safely in the construction industry.
The course is delivered 100% online and upon successful completion, you will be issued a SafeWork NSW Statement of Training certificate. Learn more here.
Yes, you can get a White Card online in Sydney. Upskill Institute provides an online course that you can complete from anywhere in Sydney. It’s important to note that you must be physically located within the borders of NSW at the time of training.
Read more here.
Yes, online White Card courses are legitimate. Upskill Institute is a SafeWork NSW approved training provider.
On completion of the course, you will be issued with a SafeWork NSW Statement of Training certificate. To learn more about the legitimacy of online White Card courses, visit here.
A White Card is required for anyone who is required to work on a construction site. This includes a wide range of occupations such as carpenters, electricians, plumbers, and more.
For a detailed list of jobs you can get with a White Card, please visit here.