HLTAID011 PROVIDE FIRST AID + CPR
First aid is the initial care of a sick or injured person. If you provide first aid care before emergency services or medical aid arrives you can save lives.
This course is ideal for anyone that may be required to respond to an accident or injury and is required to provide first aid, e.g. working in hospitality, construction, healthcare, childcare, job sites, offices or the security industry.
Getting early access to help, commencing CPR, early defibrillation to restart the heart & advanced life support can increase the chance of survival. Begin your first aid course today!
Our Provide First Aid + CPR course will help you gain the required skills and knowledge to respond to a first aid emergency including:
- Recognising and assessing to an emergency situation
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Fractures & dislocations
- Anaphylaxis & asthma
- Bleeding & choking
- Stings & poisons
- Head & spinal injuries
- Apply bandages & wound dressings
- Plus more…
This course will also cover topics such as what is duty of care, your legal requirements, obtaining consent & understanding what the chain of survival is when dealing in a first aid emergency.
Upskill Institute requires students undertaking this course to:
- Complete the course enrolment form
- Provide a USI (usi.gov.au)
- Provide identification documents (including photo ID) to be sighted prior to course commencement
- Successfully complete a language, literacy and numeracy assessment
- Have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations. i.e., such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor
- Complete pre-course work prior to attending the face-to-face classroom training and assessment.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes to complete the practical training
This course requires both self-study and in class training and assessment.
- The self-study component requires the completion of a workbook. Self-study instructions will be emailed to you upon successful enrolment into the course
- In-class training consists of one day attendance (eight hours) of classroom-based training, theory/practical assessments and allocated breaks
Upon completing this training program, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) via email.
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
The following units will be awarded to successful participants in this course:
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit:
Enrolment to this course is made with Upskill Institute Pty Ltd RTO# 45708.
Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Refunds for any booked courses that is requested seven (7) days prior to the course commencement date is available less 10% bank transaction and administration fees. Any refunds for booked courses that is requested within seven (7) days of the course commencement date, 50% of the course fee is refundable only. Any refunds for any booked course/s that is requested after course commencement, no refund is available.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available for this qualification. If you believe you have the acquired the skills and knowledge contained in this unit of competency though other training and workplace experience, please contact our administration team.
Subject to your experience, the administration team can advise you on:
- the RPL process
- your chances of being successful with an RPL application
- the time and costs associated with an RPL application
COVID 19 Response
Our rooms are cleaned daily, all tables have been separated to ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to, we have hand sanitisers and face masks available to all students as required. For the safety of participants and staff, entry will be refused to persons displaying flu like symptoms.
40-44 Wollongong Rd, Arncliffe NSW 2205
3 mins walk from Arncliffe station + street parking available!
Up to 8 hours classroom attendance