PROVIDE CPR COURSE SYDNEY
HLTAID0009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Cardiac arrest is a medical emergency that can lead to death, urgent medical care to restart the heart, survival is possible. Quick decision-making to recognise and assess a cardiac emergency, call for medical assistance, and perform CPR or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation procedures will increase the chance of survival for a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally.
Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course will help you gain the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) including:
- Recognising and assessing to an emergency situation
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Using an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Correct hand & body positioning when performing CPR
- Communicating with emergency services
- Protect yourself from infection when providing assistance
- Completing incident reporting
- Plus more…
This CPR training course will also cover topics such as what is duty of care, your legal requirements, obtaining consent & understanding what the chain of survival is when performing CPR in a first aid emergency.
Upskill Institute requires students undertaking this course to:
- Complete the course enrolment form
- Provide a USI (usi.gov.au)
- Provide identification documents (including photo ID) to be sighted prior to course commencement
- Successfully complete a language, literacy and numeracy assessment
- Have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations. i.e., such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor
- Complete pre-course work prior to attending the face-to-face classroom training and assessment
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes to complete the practical aid training
This course requires both self-study and in class training and assessment.
- The self-study component requires the completion of a workbook. Self-study instructions will be emailed to you upon successful enrolment into the course
- In-class times training consists of half a day attendance (up to four hours) of classroom-based training, theory/practical assessments and allocated breaks
Upon completing this training program, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) via email.
It is recommended that renewal for this training is undertaken every 12 months.
The following unit will be awarded to successful participants in this course:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit:
training.gov.au – HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Enrolment to this course is made with Upskill Institute Pty Ltd RTO 45708.
Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Refunds for any booked courses that is requested seven (7) days prior to the course commencement date is available less 10% bank transaction and administration fees. Any refunds for booked courses that is requested within seven (7) days of the course commencement date, 50% of the course fee is refundable only. Any refunds for any booked course/s that is requested after course commencement, no refund is available.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available for this qualification. If you believe you have the acquired the skills and knowledge contained in this unit of competency though other training and workplace experience, please contact our administration team.
Subject to your experience, the administration team can advise you on:
- the RPL process
- your chances of being successful with an RPL application
- the time and costs associated with an RPL application
COVID 19 Response
Our rooms are cleaned daily, all tables have been separated to ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to, we have hand sanitisers and face masks available to all students as required. For the safety of participants and staff, entry will be refused to persons displaying flu like symptoms.
40-44 Wollongong Rd, Arncliffe NSW 2205
3 mins walk from Arncliffe station + Street parking available!
Up to 4 hours classroom attendance