Certificate II Security Operations – CPP20218
This course covers the mandatory requirements for both new entrants and those entrants returning to the sector after an absence of several years, to gain entrance into the security industry in New South Wales as a Security Officer (Class 1A – Unarmed Guard and Class 1C- Crowd Controller).
What will the course cover?
The course covers the basic legal, operational knowledge and skills to start working in the manpower (Class 1) sectors of the security industry. This course includes 15 days of structured classroom sessions with our qualified trainer. The total estimated hours, including self-paced reading, research, structured classroom sessions ad completion of assessments, is estimated at 670 hours. This course is regulated by the NSW Police Force Security Licensing and Enforcement Directorate (SLED) and upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be able to apply to SLED for their NSW Class 1AC security licence.
What units of competency are covered?
The training program includes current nationally recognised units of competency:
- CPPSEC2101 – Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
- CPPSEC2102 – Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
- CPPSEC2103 – Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
- CPPSEC2104 – Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
- CPPSEC2105 – Provide quality services to a range of security clients
- CPPSEC2106 – Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- CPPSEC2107 – Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
- CPPSEC2108 – Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
- CPPSEC2109 – Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
- CPPSEC2110 – Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
- CPPSEC2111 – Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
- CPPSEC2112 – Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
- CPPSEC2113 – Escort and protect persons and valuables
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
- All learning materials will be provided to you once you have booked the course and successfully past the SLED mandated LLN.
- Your training will include
- classroom activities,
- theory questionnaires,
- group activities and
practical simulation in controlled and safe environments
- Students must be 18 years of age or over.
- You must provide original ID documents that add up to at least 100 points. Within these documents you must be able to show your photo, date of birth, signature and current residential address.
- You must have had no criminal convictions and NO convictions in the past 10 years.
- Satisfactory completion of a Language, Literacy, Numeracy Assessment
- Meet prescribed Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements, which include completing a Security License Pre-Enrolment test prior to enrolment day. You must attend in person at a Upskill Institute campus in order to complete the testing and to read some mandatory paperwork from the NSW Police Force. This must be done before the course commences. You will not be enrolled unless all induction testing and paperwork has been completed prior to the first day of training.
- All students must supply a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Available at www.usi.gov.au
- Unarmed Guard
- Crowd Controller
- Mobile Security Guard Los
- Prevention Officer
All fees must be paid in advance of training and assessments.
A USI – Unique Student Identifier is a reference number that you can easily create an online which keeps a record of your training and qualifications attained in Australia.
If you are commencing a nationally recognised training, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment.
Your USI is made up of ten numbers and letters.
You can locate your USI here.
You can create your USI here.
More information regarding USI can be found here.
40-44 Wollongong Rd, Arncliffe NSW 2205